Palm Trees in southern Florida

Monday, August 12, 2019

The National Air Force Museum

I wanted to stop & see the Air Force museum at Wright/Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio.  I heard lot of good things about it from different sources.


They were all correct! 




A great museum, free too!   I really don't want to get carried away with airplane pictures, I could!



Space Suit

R-1820 engine, the 1st aircraft engine I worked on
in the Coast Guard

This drone is HUGE!
It's a Global Hawk, RQ-4A  44' long with a wingspan of 115'

A selfie in front of THE Apollo 15 capsule 



President Kennedy had the 1st jet powered Air Force One
This is it.

All the past "Air Force Ones" are on display, you can walk thru them and see how it was.


This is where Lyndon Baines Johnson was sworn
in as the 36th President.




We stayed at an Ohio State Park for our Dayton/AF Museum visit, and that was a pleasant stay. The park had a good vibe and leaves a happy feeling when I think of Ohio.


Going north thru the different states, up the middle of the Republic has been good, it freshened the memory I'd had of them. There is a lot of agriculture going on out there!



Just one more airplane picture.....

An HU-16, that was my first aircraft in the Coast Guard


8 comments:

  1. I need to get there someday. Nice pictures Rob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a museum worth the trip. I was moved by the Presidential aircraft display.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes it is!
      The Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola is another one if you like planes & flying.

      The AF has the history angle with the Presidential aircraft.

      Delete
  3. Good post Rob,,,,, good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting. I liked the picture of you in the space suit.

    Had never heard of this museum before did not even know there was an official location where older Presidential planes were housed. That in itself would be worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Presidential planes were an unexpected wonder, that was history I remember.

      The National WWII Museum in New Orleans is supposed to be another museum that is worth the time.

      Delete