Palm Trees in southern Florida

Friday, August 23, 2019

Genealogy

One of the points on my map of "things not to forget if I go by there" was the graveyard where my great-great grandparents are buried in Ohio.


The "not to forget if I go by" map


It did take some looking but they were found.


My great great grandparents

David Milroy 1814-1850, my great great grandfather is on the left and my great great grandmother, Catherine (Boyd) Milroy 1815-1869 is on the right.

Her dad, my 3G grandfather Robert Boyd 1789-1869, was buried next to his daughter. That was unexpected.

Learning about where I came from made the words "great grand parents" real. 

A "great grand" was something you knew everyone had, no big deal.  Now I have them, they are real people!


It wasn't just me who was looking for past relatives, my wife had some places to check out too!



Krum-Blanding Cemetery
Vergennes Township
Kent County, Michigan



7 comments:

  1. I left Kentucky when I was eight years old. I went back when I was fifty-five and the first thing I did was locate the graves of my kin. I am not into genealogy, or even feel close to family; but there is a pull there.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not even imagine how you felt after having found your great-great grandparents tomb.

    I know from my paternal side they are mostly in Texas. I would love to discover the geneology from my maternal side since they come from Mexico, Spain, Portugal and Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ancestry.com has free "trial" memberships, someone may have already done the homework. It ought to be worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Rob. Well done. They were probably looking down on you and smiling. Maybe even your mother and father introducing you to all the generations while you were at the grave. I know I get those thoughts whenever I visit my folks grave. Be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy Rob, I just checked out a blog on your sidebar: "E New York. What a swell site, I've just spent an hour or two on it...More to read later,Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete