Blooger used to notify me when a comment needed to be oked, seems that stopped sometime...
Sorry about that! I REALLY enjoy all the comments!
I'm a West Coast guy. My ingrained view of the East Coast comes from stories I've heard from people I know, stories from television, stories from movies and from novels I've read. A quick visit to NYC when I was 10 years old doesn't really count, nor does six months at a Coast Guard school in Elizabeth City, NC.
So now I've traveled up the East Coast ... and the time has come to say that, in reality, it is not like I'd thought. Here is what I've learned so far ...
1. The East Coast is just another part of America
2. There is a lot more water than out in the west (wetlands, streams, creeks, bays & what not).
3. The Atlantic Ocean gets warm in the summer.
4. There is a huge amount of green almost everywhere.
5. There are lots of people out here, people everywhere!
6. Folks are friendly.
7. There are a lot of low clearance places & roads I'm not allowed to drive on with an RV.
8. EZ-Pass for all the toll roads & bridges is a good thing because there are lots of tolls where we've been so far!
|Driving to the NC Outer Banks|
|Ballast stone from Blackbeard's ship|
|Geno's is one of them|
Philadelphia is known for many things, Philly cheese-steak sandwiches are one of them.
I was not impressed.
Now the Horseshoe Burger at the Horseshoe Cafe in Benson, AZ .... That was memorable!