Palm Trees in southern Florida

Sunday, August 4, 2013

What the body needs is what the body needs


I've been eating lunch at work for months now, it's usually good. There is some sort of special every day and there is always an option of a hamburger, hot dog, mashed potatoes with gravy (or not) or simple sandwiches. For example the special today was pork loin & macaroni/cheese and every Monday it's fried chicken, Tues is pizza, Wed varies, etc. It's not bad & not spendy (I have eaten more fried chicken in the last few months than I've had in the last 30 years <g>).
For just about the whole time along with what ever was for lunch I had a "salad bowl" too.  Shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions & whatever I wanted to put on it. Every day.

For the last week or so I'd been going by the salad bar without stopping, today I noticed that I wasn't stopping for salad.

I thought about it, I'd been eating a salad at lunch every day for months and I suddenly stopped...and I didn't notice I'd stopped, what changed?
Then it came to me, I'd been having a small 1 serving can of V8 Juice every morning for "awhile". 

I tried it one morning sometime back, it was cold & tasted good. I read the label, a full daily serving of the recommended vegetables.
I figured I didn't eat well anyway, the juice was good and it wasn't going to hurt me, so I started having a can every morning.  As a plus there was 19% of the recommended salt for a day! <vbg>.

Today, this morning about eleven I noticed I had been skipping the salad and thought about it, it didn't take long to connect the dots.

I guess my body needed vegies.... What the body needs is what the body needs.

I'd read about the Fabled Lost City Of Eldorado, who'd have guessed it was in Kansas?


No comments:

Post a Comment