Palm Trees in southern Florida

Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Ever Changing Neighborhood



I live in a good sized camp ground owned & operated by an amusement park/hotel. It's not bad, I work at the amusement park.

For a long time this campground had a lot of empty spots, a fair portion has work campers but there were a lot of empty spots. Some weekends it would start to fill up and then empty out, it was a cycle.  This week the state fair is going on, it's a popular attraction in this area and this park is filling up.

I went for a walk around my neighborhood, from very few neighbors to a lot over night.  Kids riding bikes & babies crying, the odor of wood smoke & bbq and laugher everywhere.
A neighborhood of people who left home to live in their smaller home on wheels for a few days.... Tents too.

It's different to think of a camp ground as your neighborhood but your neighborhood is what it is.

Another case of what you see is what you get

No comments:

Post a Comment