Palm Trees in southern Florida

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Grand Canyon

I made it here again and again all I can say is, "Wow!"



This place has to be seen, but for me it's more than the indescribable view, its also the people.  In one day I've talked to folks from Norway, Denmark, Germany & Indiana.


Just another view

We had a camp in the free dispersed area just outside of Tusayan by the south entrance. It was a 5 minute walk to the bus stop for our free ride into the park.


The camp, a 5 min walk to the bus
The camper & the kitty sat here for 5 days while we took the bus

As I walk along the rim trail being amazed by the view at every turn & listening to the foreign languages I hear, I realize I'm really happy.


The Colorado river can be seen from the rim

I can pass on a few things I learned about the park...
If you have an RV the dump & fresh water fill are free, it's by the Mather campground entrance. 
Right next to that is the laundry & showers, there is a fee for both. The showers take quarters & are on a timer.  I didn't use the laundry here.
The Grand Canyon Market & General Store had better prices & selection than the store in town (Tusayan), and the basic food prices were not too bad.  Besides groceries they have camping gear, propane, fresh meat & vegetables, tourist souvenirs and a deli.
In that same plaza you'll find a bank & the Post Office.

The Grand Canyon is a marvelous place.  I'll be back again.

6 comments:

  1. I have never seen the Grad Canyon. Maybe someday - though those somedays are getting shorter for me.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell anyone who asks, heck I stop total strangers on the street and tell them it's worth the time to go look at the Grand Canyon. It's only 2900 miles from Bangor Maine!

      Delete
  2. I found the north side even more to my taste. But that was over forty years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the north side once and it was less crowded but the views were for me, not quite the same.

      Delete
  3. That is one place that is on my bucket list. Beautiful pictures!

    Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete