Palm Trees in southern Florida

Monday, December 19, 2016

LED lights!

Our van has a closet we use as a pantry, the only real problem was it's dark inside. It came with a single bulb at the top that was great when you hung clothes in there but not so much when you have shelves & stuff. The bulb was attached to a switch that activated when the door opened. Then the bulb broke. It was dark.
These LED lights are great!

The LEDs on the top shelf of the pantry 


I had an LED strip light that I'd picked up at Ikea some years back, I moved that from the mini-van to our class B. It worked well! The very top however could use some work.

The Ikea strip light running down the side
I ordered a spool (16') of led lights. These are 12v, cutable and have a sticky back so you can just attach them where they are needed. We can now see the top shelf!

The roll of LED lights
The ends with the clip attached ready to be hooked up 

The LED strip attached to the inside of the cupboard

That was only 12-18 inches of lights used in the pantry... The cupboard above the sink is always dark, if you really 'need' light a flashlight will work but I have all these adhesive led lights left!


I wired them into the existing 12v system and ran them through a common on/off switch,  I ordered micro switches so opening each door will turn the appropriate light on. Nice!


Here are the lights & the connectors I ordered off Amazon. The connectors were listed below the lights & these are a lot easier to use than soldering a wire to each strip as you want to use it.
Package the lights came in



Connectors

I did have to go & find directions on using the connectors, it was a lot easier when I'd seen how it was supposed to go.





The led strip in the connector (connector still open)

These things work well, easy to install & they don't cost much. If you decide to give this a try be sure and read everything on the Amazon page, it helped me.


Micro switch from Amazon





4 comments:

  1. I got an led headlamp last year and I love it. It is probably one of the most used item I own.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  2. led lights are great & as a headlamp they are something special.

    ReplyDelete