Palm Trees in southern Florida

Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Passport

I was reading a book, "Ancient Rome on 5 Denarii a Day" & I was intrigued by Rome, the city. 
Rome is old, it's big and was like that both today and back then. 


Maybe I need to actually see Rome?  I've always wanted to see a walled city too... I think I need to go to Europe.


To see these places the first thing I need is a passport.




A passport...
I went on line, the State Department web site had all the information I needed.

I went down to the  post office with my certified birth certificate, a filled out application, my drivers license, my retired military ID and a hand full of US dollars.
It's $110 for the Passport book, the $25 fee for the people taking the papers & the $15 for the color photo ("chin down a little and a natural expression").
I used cash so I needed another $1.25 for a postal money order (the State Department wanted a check).

That part really didn't take too long, they said 4-6 weeks before the passport shows up. The process can be a lot faster for additional fees....

4 weeks and 2 days later my passport showed up in a Priority Mail envelope.

I have a passport, it's almost like I'm growing up!

3 comments:

  1. Back some years ago, I used to go to Canada. Didn't need a passport back then. Now, I have no intention or desire to leave the U.S. of A. There are so many places I haven't seen here in the states that are on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's next on your list?

    I plan to make it down to Sanibel Island FL to look for sea shells & walk the beaches around Sebastian inlet (FL) where Kip Wagner for the 1715 Spanish plate fleet in the early 60's before I spend some time in Washington DC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know, I check your blog every day and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete