Palm Trees in southern Florida

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona...


We stopped in Winslow to see the "Standing on a Corner Park."  During the 15 or 20 minutes we were there quite a few older folks showed up to stare, talk & take pictures.  A couple was getting married there as we walked up.


The happy couple leaving after the photos

I don't think I'd have stopped there if I hadn't heard about the park on another blog.

I was thinking that after the baby boomers stop traveling this park might become a good bit less popular... my wife thinks "The Eagles" music transcends the generations.  

She's probably right :-)


What brought me here


Some of the new world was in Winslow too

At this point we needed a place to stay for the night. A quick check of freecampsites.net showed we were not too far from Lake McHood County Park. Places to park, pull thru spots, trash cans, tables, flush toilets, broadcast TV & 4 bars of Verizon LTE. 

No power or water. But it's free for 14 days, good enough!


freecampsites.net


I'm thinking that freecampsites.net is going to be a popular place for me to visit as we travel. That & GasBuddy!

When you see $3.59 a gallon in California GasBuddy is important!





How could I not include the Eagles doing "Take it easy", 1977 at that! 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Winslow Arizona will forever be popular
    Thanks for the blurb!
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete